Are you looking for some tips on how to use WordPress and manage your website? In this article, we will go through some of the most common tasks that people need to do with their WordPress website. WordPress may be a complex blogging format when you’re just starting out.
Read on to manage your WordPress website like a pro with these great tips.
1. Take the time to learn about WordPress prior to working with it. Learn about search engine optimization, creating effective content, and how to use WordPress to its fullest advantage to ensure you aren’t struggling when you get to work.
2. Clean up long post titles in the permalink. For instance, if you have a long phrase in a URL, long URL. You can simply shorten that permalink to “rank-your-website-faster” or similar based on SEO keywords.
3. Sometimes you may spend a lot of time adjusting your WordPress blog and then mistakenly think some changes haven’t been saved. This most likely is not the case. You may have a full browser cache of your browser. Your changes should come up if you simply press and hold the “shift” key and refresh the browser.
4. Do you have too many comments? If so, it can be quite a chore for you and your readers to comb through all of them. You can install a plugin that will put page numbers into this for you. This makes your website easier navigation and a more organized site.
5. Be certain users have the ability to email posts to their emails whenever they desire. This will also allow them to share your content with others. You can use the Email plugin in WordPress to do this by using a WP-Email plugin.
6. Do not use something such as “admin” when it comes to your username. Bots are more likely to attack your blog if you make your username ADMINISTRATOR or ADMIN. This causes your site at risk. Go to your “user” page and delete usernames that are generic. WordPress security is very important.
7. Use targeted titles and titles. These are likely the first impressions that your readers see. Scribe is a good kind of software that you can use to gain control over this. You can use this to make edits on your pages in order to bring more visitors by editing these things.
8. Make sure to always organize your library of media library. You might be tempted to directly upload to the library, but this can result in chaos. Start off with a good system of folders and be sure to file your images correctly.
9. Make sure that you have the most recent version of any WordPress plugins that remain up to date. These plugins are very important for adding one-of-a-kind power to your site. They need to stay updated though.
10. Only install the plugins you really need. Plugins can add a new dimension to your website, but each additional one ups your blog’s load time. A slower website could also negatively impact your site ranks on some search engines. Slow websites tend not to rank very well as ones that have been optimized to load quickly.
11. Always make a backup copy of your blog. This must be on a regular basis. UpdraftPlus is a wonderful WordPress plugin that you can use. Back your website up with whatever you’re most comfortable with; just make sure to do it in at least 2 places. It would be a shame to lose your entire blog.
12. Connect your posts via an interlink manager plugin to easily provide visitors with more content on the site. These plugins will let you add links beneath the posts based on your tag’s relevancy to each post.
There is much to learn when it comes to WordPress. The advice here provides great tips to help you blog better. After you have some practice under your belt, you will be writing your posts more quickly than you can imagine.